Do you ever call ‘Bullshit’ on affirmations and think they are not for you? That they aren’t for real life people? Well, I’ll let you in on a little secret… despite being a yoga teacher, running a personal development blog and trying to live a positive life, there are definitely days that I look at myself in the mirror and CANNOT take myself seriously by repeating ‘I am happy, I am loved, I am beautiful’ over and over.
SOMEDAYS I am not in control of my thoughts, my emotions, my outlook and it’s OK to have those days. (Sometimes). Here are 15 affirmations for the realists out there:
- I am sometimes in control of how I react to others.
- I am happy, calm and at peace after coffee.
- I am enough, just as I am, even when I haven’t showered and the house is a mess..
- I am in charge of my life and the path it takes, unless I get on the wrong train or miss my exit on the motorway.
- I am beautiful and unique in my own way, but I can sometimes be jealous of gorgeous people on Instagram if I am having a bad day.
- I am blessed with amazing family and friends, it’s ok to sometimes get annoyed at them, I’m only human and so are they.
- I am open to new adventures and ideas, unless it’s the weekend and my biggest adventure only needs to be a Netflix binge.
- I am in charge of my thoughts, I have a positive mindset… except the days that I don’t, because only Super human people can be positive and in charge of their thoughts 100% of the time.
- My body is healthy and I only eat nourishing food, even the days I eat chocolate because it makes me happy and nourishes my soul.
- After 8 hours sleep and coffee, I am loving and worthy of love.
- I am forgiving and compassionate towards others, unless they are really, really stupid.
- I am excited about every day of my life… pfft rewrite… I try to find something exciting to look forward to every day of my life
- I accomplish all my goals with ease, in my dreams! In reality I am going to accomplish them eventually, hopefully.
- I find solutions to challenges and move past them calmly, after I have had a meltdown first of course.
- I listen to my body and give it what it needs, sometimes that is wine.
I hope these ‘affirmations’ have helped you a little today (or made you laugh). If you are having a day that you want to try more traditional affirmations, then check these out.
I would love to hear from you in the comments below on what you think of Affirmations, if you use them and if so, what your favourite is!
Love and Light